Local school mentors work one-on-one with Virtual Virginia students and teachers to help facilitate the success of Virtual Virginia courses. Mentors provide instrumental support for Virtual Virginia students.
VVA Mentors are responsible for:
- Monitoring student progress and needs through daily contact with students taking Virtual Virginia courses
- Monitoring classroom activities and progress of students taking Virtual Virginia classes within the school
- Serving as a liaison between the student, the school and Virtual Virginia instructors and supervisors regarding student performance and progress
- Proctoring tests and examinations on school grounds
- Collecting student forms required by Virtual Virginia
- Working with the local technology staff to ensure that all students have access to the appropriate technology
- Retrieving and providing the school with student grades on locally designated dates. Grades are obtained through the online grade book
- Notifying counselors immediately of any students’ intent to withdraw from Virtual Virginia courses. Students must continue to submit work until withdrawal is processed or the grade may be negatively affected.