The Virtual Virginia Outreach Program is designed to assist Virginia public school teachers and students by providing access to online learning modules via the Virtual Virginia learning management system at no cost.
The Virtual Virginia Outreach Program Toolkit (PDF) was developed to assist staff in Virginia public school divisions as they onboard with Virtual Virginia.
When will each Outreach Program course resource be available to schools? Refer to the 2020–2021 Outreach Program Course Readiness Calendar (PDF) for the expected availability of online learning modules for each course.
Outreach Program Expansion
The Virtual Virginia Outreach Program is expanding to provide all Virginia public school divisions with a platform that gives students and teachers online access to instructional content at no cost to each division.
Each school division that chooses to utilize Virtual Virginia’s Outreach Program Expansion will be able to integrate its local school division student information system (SIS) with the Virtual Virginia learning management system (LMS). This integration will give each division access to its own instance of the VVA LMS and allow for division customization. Each division also will gain access to Virtual Virginia’s K–12 online learning modules and instructional resources. Divisions will have the autonomy to use and edit VVA content, import division digital learning resources, and create/distribute division content within the LMS.
Learn more about the Outreach Program Expansion.
K–5 Online Learning Modules
Online resources will be available starting in August 2020 for the following elementary school content areas:
- Kindergarten and Grades 1–5 (Math, Reading/ELA, Science, Social Studies)
- STEM: Grades K–2, Grades 3–5
Middle School Online Learning Modules
Online resources will be available starting in August 2020 for the following middle school content areas:
- English/Language Arts 6, 7, and 8
- Health and Physical Education 6, 7, and 8
- Math 6, 7 and 8
- Science 6, 7, and 8
- Social Studies:
- U.S. History to 1865
- U.S. History: 1865 to Present
- Civics & Economics
- Middle School Computer Science (36 weeks)
- Visual Arts Exploratory (18 weeks)
- STEM: Grades 6–8
High School Online Learning Modules
Online resources are currently available in the following high school content areas:
Health & PE
History & Social Sciences
Virtual Virginia Outreach Program enrollment during the 2020–2021 school year will be available for up to 15,000 students via the bulk enrollment process in the following courses:
- English 9, English 10
- Spanish II, Spanish III, Spanish IV
Other Virtual Virginia Outreach courses will be available via the Virginia Public Schools Commons Consortium.
For additional information about the Virtual Virginia Outreach Program, please contact the Virtual Virginia main office at 866-650-0025 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Support for Teachers
The following resources are available to Virginia public school teachers:
- Online learning modules for use with their students via the Virtual Virginia learning management system (LMS), including:
- Lessons, interactives, and automated quizzes
- Worksheets and answer keys
- Online gradebook
- LMS utilization training
- LMS and HelpDesk support
- Teacher facilitation support and best practices for online learning
- Professional learning network of content-area Virginia public educators
- Ability to customize the content
Available to students enrolled in the program:
- Learning modules in the Virtual Virginia LMS
- LMS and HelpDesk support
- Mobile-friendly course access